October Spookfest

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Gadunka, Oct 7, 2017.

?

What will be our next game for the Spookfest?

1. Team Fortress 2

2. Left 4 Dead series

3. Killing Floor series

4. Synergy

5. Dead by Daylight

6. Friday the 13th: The Game

7. Counter-Strike series Zombie Escape

8. Don't Starve Together

9. Cry of Fear

10. Other (please suggest in the replies)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Gadunka

Gadunka Thoughts Extraordinaire
    Head Admin

[​IMG]
    Welcome to the Spookfest!
    It is October my friends! It has been a long while since we have done organized game nights. What better way to return to this little treat than through a month long event? Throughout this spook-tacular season I would like for us to participate in a game night each weekend if possible.

[​IMG]

Games:

How do we decide on what to jump into for the weekend? Simple! With a little democracy. We will be voting for the game to play for the following weekend. We could do various games in a single weekend if we wanted too. The pictures around are just some suggestions, but I know there are other titles some of you wish to enter in the month of spook like Dead by Daylight or Friday the 13th. I'm also aware that some of us will not have the game others have, but fear not! Perhaps somebody will begin a stream for you to watch everyone's failure live!

[​IMG]

Where & When We Will Meet:
    There are several tools that are available to everyone so that we are able to meet: Steam chats, Discord, Skype, Teamspeak, etc. Currently the most popular among us is Discord so that will most likely be our main go to for the events. What time? We will also vote for the most able time to gather.

Would sometime between 8-11pm EST be a fine time to start for you guys? Discuss or something!

[​IMG]

*Other promotional pictures coming soon*

Quack:
    What makes these nights any more special than other nights? Nothing! We're just doing what we do everyday, but together more often for a swell time and because everything feels "spookier"! I will be making little pictures for these games based on their outcomes, memorable moments, etc.

I advocate for the first one to begin tomorrow night (10/07/17) if we are able to do so, but if not then next weekend is fine too. For the vote do note that some of the games will have sub-categories (i.e. if TF2 were to win we would then have to decide what to do in it. Like Slender or ZombieX and so on).

Games with sub-categories:
    • Team Fortress 2: ZombieX, Slender, Regular, Mann vs. Machine, Warioware, Dodge ball, Saxton Hale, Freak Fortress, 10x, UberUpgrades, Stop That Tank!, Randomizer, etc.
    • Left 4 Dead series: Campaign, Realism, Versus, Mutations, Survival, Scavenge.
    • Killing Floor series: Regular survival, Versus(KF2), Weekly challenge(KF2), Objective mode(KF1), Toy Master(KF1), Custom mods(mostly KF1).

Got any questions, addons, or thoughts? I will hear you out in the replies below.

Thanks for reading!

*I was tired making this so please excuse any mistakes and I will attempt to address them if notified*
    *100th post*

#1 Gadunka, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  2. Varyim

Varyim Have a spooky month!
    Owner Admin

Spooky!

I would totally be down for Game Night's!

Microwaveable_Goods and Gadunka like this.
  3. Gadunka

Head Admin

Added information to some areas, specifically Quack and When. More promotional photos have been added as well.

Alrighty so how does tonight at 9pm EST sound for the first one, eh? We will meet in the bSun Discord or Steam group chat. I understand if you guys can't do it tonight since this popped out of nowhere. I'm fine with starting next weekend!

LEFT 4 DEAD SERIES is the winner!
    [​IMG]

EDIT: Post-game night
    Thank you to everyone who joined! It was very fun and a success! I would make a SFM, but instead I will leave this here about our L4D2 game.
    [​IMG]

#3 Gadunka, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
  4. The Unholy Adventurer

Admin

Other: Roblox

#4 The Unholy Adventurer, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2017
    Varyim likes this.
  5. Gadunka

Head Admin

The time for tomorrows (10/14/17) Spookfest event will be 9pm EST again! If there is a problem with this then I will be willing to adjust the time.

TEAM FORTRESS 2 is the winner!
    [​IMG]
    *If anyone wants me to make full size wallpapers for any of these I will try to.*

See the Quack tab for more information about what we can do in TF2. Wish to see a good amount of you tomorrow!

EDIT Post-game:
    It was once more a success! Thank you to all who joined! We had some new faces join us last night, but at the same time there were some who lacked a presence throughout the event. A note that I found a bit upsetting. SFM coming soon.

EDIT:
    Here it is!
    To me the most notable part was our time in Slender Fortress on Abandoned map with Chris Walker to be exact. The reason is because that is where most of our reactions were and Ivan decided to drop by! I would have asked what was the most memorable moment, but everyone fell dead asleep. The wallpaper is 1920x1080
    [​IMG]
    Right-Left: Ivan Macdeath, Davet, Unholy, June, Gadunka.
    [​IMG]

See you all next week! May more join us next time!

EDIT:
    [​IMG]
    Here's the edited logo I've been using for my pictures. Released as a request by Dave. Little fun fact is that those holes around were not intended, but I liked how it looked more deteriorated.

#5 Gadunka, Oct 14, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  6. Varyim

Varyim Have a spooky month!
    Owner Admin

The next game night MUST be Roblox.

Roblox PUBG
    [​IMG]

Davet and The Unholy Adventurer like this.
  7. Mary

Mary Newbie

8. Davet

Davet "Ready at a Minute's notice!"
    Community Leader

9. june

june THE DOC!
    Admin

Holy crap we are going to play roblox...

Microwaveable_Goods and Gadunka like this.
  10. Gadunka

Head Admin

Good lord, you guys actually did it. I suppose that I am sorta pleased to announce that...

ROBLOX is the winner!
    [​IMG]
    For I have never played this game before, tomorrow will be a special case. Varyim has been selected to host the next game night! He will post the time to meet and the place to greet here!

9 pm est

Suprise suprise, we did not do Roblox. The Discord was rather humorous when that came up. Any who, I do not know how to go about making a SFM for this one. Someone tell me somethin'!

P.S. Next Saturday will be the LAST October Spookfest and game night I will be hosting. After that we can all bugger off or perhaps we can start something. What do I know, I'm just ol' Gad.

#10 Gadunka, Oct 21, 2017 at 2:02 AM
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2017 at 6:41 AM
  • Zombie Survival

Coming in 2017
  • Our Thanks

We'd like to thank all who play, run, and help develop the community further and to where it is at today. Past, present, and future members have returned when Black Sun Studios returns. We'd personally like to thank you all for taking part in this amazing community.
  • Join the Discord

Our discord server can be found below, there you will find the regulars playing all games from Team Fortress 2, Dead by Daylight, Terraria, Garry's Mod, and more. Or just come chill in the lounge and chat with everyone and even listen to music. Check it out, its a good time. Click here to join our Discord server!